Wasn’t the biggest week in terms of development. Nevertheless, here we go:
1) Dark Souls II and Titanfall were released, with Dark Souls II landing more press coverage.
This, to me, shows just how much brands matter. I know that Dark Souls II has also been reviewed to be the better game (92 on Metacritic vs. 86 for Titanfall) but being a sequel has really helped Dark Souls II gain more attention than Titanfall. It also helps that Dark Souls II was released for last-gen systems (weird to say that) and Titanfall was pushed on the Xbox One: a system that does not sound like it is selling as well as Microsoft hoped.
2) Captain America 3 is set to battle the Superman/Batman movie at the Box Office.
Guess that means that Cap isn’t dying in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Producers have already revealed that they are willing to shift the Superman/Batman movie release date yet again: such confidence.
3)Action figures spoil designs for the Ninja Turtles and Muto.
Well, how much can you really spoil the Ninja Turtles? Here they are (warning: they look like turtles! But somehow ninjas? And teenagers? AND MUTANTS?! Mind blown). One of Godzilla’s foes (from the upcoming film of the same name) was also spoiled. Muto, enjoy the picture below for a first, albeit low-quality look at the monster.
4) Do people not like to make sequels in the same decade as the originals anymore?
Seriously, first 300 (cause soooo many people wanted another one of those) and now Sin City?
5) Americans rush to re-embrace Cold War attitudes on Russia.
Evidently it wasn’t fun enough the first time.
6) In an era of unprecidented technology and communication: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 vanishes without a trace.
This is a tragically fascinating story that has been developing over the past week. Everyone is blaming someone else. My thoughts go with the families involved in this upsetting story.
7) Obama appeared on “Between Two Ferns”
WHAT?! So wonderful.