Here is the news recap from the past week:
1. The Oscars happened.
Yeah, really not much to report here. Gravity won a lot, 12 Years a Slave won the big one, rich and famous people celebrated themselves for being rich and famous, and the internet got to hear yet another rendition of “Let it Go“.
2. Netflix renews Trailer Park Boys for two more seasons.
I loved Trailer Park Boys. It was a great show (the lovely Ellen Page got noticed there). That being said: seven seasons, three movies and a Christmas Special were enough. The jokes have gotten a bit tired and those guys must be getting on in years. Two more seasons, Netflix? Yeah cause everyone just loved it when you brought Arrested Development back.
3. Watch Dogs finally gets a release date.
4. Idris Elba to voice Shere Khan in Disney’s new live-action Jungle Book adaptation.
Idris Elba is a bad ass. In my opinion, this guy should be playing Lex Luthor in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie (sorry Social Network). There have already been a number of adaptations of this particular piece of Kipling. Time will tell if this version will be worth it.
5. Nintendo gets fancy with a “blue shell” edition of Mario Kart 8.
Maybe next they’ll make an edition of Wii U with adequate game support.
6. Obama tours the United States to gain support for raising the Federal Minimum Wage.
The President embarks on yet another hard fought battle to do something that 99% of the population wants.
7. Russia – everyone is sanctioning that shit.